Wednesday, February 11, 2004

more media drama over Atkins diet

The debate over Dr. Robert Atkinsí high-fat, low-carb diet flared posthumously Tuesday over news that Atkins himself weighed 258 pounds at his death ó though the reasons for his bloated condition were immediately disputed.image

A physicians group that is highly critical of the diet released details of a city medical examinerís report filed after Atkinsí 2003 death which showed the 6-foot doctor was at a weight normally considered obese.The group claimed the Atkins diet led to weight and heart troubles for its 72-year-old creator. But his allies countered that he had gained more than 60 pounds through fluid retention in the eight days he spent in a coma before dying last April.

ìCritically ill patients, when sustained on fluids in the hospital, gain weight,î said Dr. Stuart Trager, chairman of the Atkins Physicians Council, a group affiliated with the Atkins diet empire. ìHe was grossly swollen, so much so that his family and associates barely recognized him.î
The medical examinerís report also noted that Atkins had a history of heart trouble, including congestive heart failure and high blood pressure. The Wall Street Journal first reported on the records on Tuesday.

Posted by bbeard on 02/11 at 06:02 PM
(2) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

a downside to adoption

many children that are in the general pool of “children-of-the-state” are found to be mentally ill to one degree or another.  Actually almost all have a degree of mental illness that is either developed from enviornment or predispositioned genetically.  Many children find themselves wards of the state due to abandonement from the parents or mother, that would clearly suggest some mental issues or illness.  many children are taken from their genetic parents due to isufficencies that the parents demonstrate while attempting to care for a child, this would also suggest mental illness or incapacity of some sort.  in fact children abandoned or in the state system have been found to be 80% more likley to develope a serious mental illness over thier liftime then children raised by genetically matched parents.

As some of you know my father has adopted some 7 children.  One of the 15 year old children is in a psychiatric lock down facility for threating to harm others, self mutilation, sucide attepts, drug use, and false alegations of child molestation.

The child suffers from documented schitzophrenia, mutiple personalities and severe depression demonstrated by physical rage and harm to others.  My parents have found diaries desribing death wants, murderous plans, and descriptions of things to be done to people that she does not like.  There is a recording in one of these journals that describe 2 boys and that she liked them alot -yada yada - and they refused heraffections and she desribbed how she would run them down in a car.  the two boys have indeed been hit by an unknown motorist while riding their skateboards.  it gets much worse.  along with the evidence for attempted murder, my parents found a stash of stollen weapons, made weapons, sexual items, stollen property and other trinkets and objects.  keep in mind that this a 15 year old girl who has been raised in a loving familly enviornment for 13 years.  Keep in mind this is the same girl that was forced into prostitution by her mother at 2 years of age by being beaten.  now this isnt to say nor suggest that justbecause a person is adopted that they are mentally ill in some way or lacking intellegance, or the ability to love.

Posted by bbeard on 02/11 at 03:39 PM
(1) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

thedesigniscommingtogether

after a new purchase at a furniture store, many hours painting, and lots of time shopping and color matching the design for the living room is comming together.  color pallat is lime green, dark blue, light blue, and white, whith accent in brushed nickel, silver and dar charcoal metalic.  pic will be in soon.

P, perhaps another category such as design or visual art would be good

Posted by bbeard on 02/11 at 03:34 PM
Personal • (0) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

atkins update.

well i am moving towards my weight-loss goals.  I am struggling with things like constipation, rectal stretching, and sweet cravings.

i think when i have reached my weightloss goal i will be considering a vegetarian diet

Posted by bbeard on 02/11 at 03:30 PM
(2) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Words from a preacher.

Or perhaps he would prefer being called a bishop.  I don’t know the difference, perhaps you’ll explain it to me.

- “GOD is not your Pit-Bull!” -

My interpretation follows:

That means if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, or if you don’t think that someone is praising the right* GOD, or if you think that someone is doing what you THINK GOD wants them to stop doing, it is not your place to say what GOD wants them to do.  You are wrong to start siccing GOD on someone because you think GOD disagrees with their choices.  It is NOT your place to say what GOD thinks or says.  The only way that you can say what GOD thinks or says is if you are GOD.  You aren’t, so stop acting like it!  The best thing you can do to bring people to GOD is to stop telling how you think GOD wants them to live.  The best way for you to explain to people how to live for GOD is to shut your mouth and LIVE for GOD.  Just SHUT UP!  Live!  GOD’s presence in you will be revealed in how you live NOT how you blabber about it.

Now shut up already.

Oh yeah, stop sending me those emails about GOD’s love.  I already know it.

Posted by SPN on 02/11 at 09:32 AM
Religion / Sprituality • (1) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Welcome back to the Limelight, Luther Vandross.

This is probably one of the first pictures released to the public of Luther Vandross after his stroke.

image

Posted by SPN on 02/10 at 01:53 PM
Celebrity • (2) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Here is more indecency.

Miss Piggy is a slut.  image

Posted by SPN on 02/10 at 01:50 PM
(1) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Monday, February 09, 2004

I’m baaack!!

We had a long weekend in MA.  I also went to church Sunday.  The preacher had a very good message that I will share portions of later on.

But right now, I have to do some work.

Posted by SPN on 02/09 at 08:48 PM
Personal • (0) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University

Thers is more to this site than can be absorbed in one afternoon.  Racists are and have been VERY busy.

Posted by SPN on 02/05 at 02:41 PM
Racism / Prejudice • (1) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Trinity plays chess now.

Well, we’ve been taking turns playing with the pieces on the chessboard.  She now knows most of the pieces by name.  She can’t seem to remember the Bishop.  She refers to the knight as “horse-knight” which is fine by me.

She is really excited when she captures a piece.  “I got-chor piece”, she squeals when removing my piece from the board.  For some reason, I can never get her to look at the board when I capture one of her pieces.  It must be a girl thing.

This all started about a week ago when I was driving home and I heard a story on NPR from a woman whose daughter had just played in her first tournament at 3 1/2 years old.  She didn’t win, but she plays, enjoys and understands the game.  I can’t wait until Trini. really starts to understand the game and we play our first real game.

Right now,

during our games all of the pieces can move in any direction any distance!  My goal at this time is to teach her the value of taking turns.  Later on, we will start playing with a fewer number of pieces so that she can learn the movements of an individual piece.

She’s coming along.

I bet she can beat you too!

Posted by SPN on 02/05 at 01:36 PM
Personal • (0) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Check out these Harley Davison motorcycles!

I like these bikes. They aren’t cute or pretty.  They are mean looking machines.  Hmmm, maybe I’ll look into building one of these.

Posted by SPN on 02/03 at 01:43 PM
Personal • (1) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

another compost machine (asshole)

Hi!  My name is amy, and I’m a brightly painted compost machine,image

Posted by bbeard on 02/03 at 01:19 PM
Celebrity • (3) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

damn it!!

jason your an asshole

when will the law of america be a universal law.  im tired of movie stars, actors, musicians, and artist going around and doing all of this freaky sexual deviate crap and getting away with it.  Now, had this been in the subway or a bus stop or even a highschool performance or college for that matter some badword homo-deviate perv would be sitting on the steel ring in the slammer.  im pissed jasson sexually assulted janet jackson on stage in front of america and everybody is talking about a whoopsie or a costume error there wasnt anything wrong with her costume except it was in the hand of the preptrator.image

Posted by bbeard on 02/03 at 11:52 AM
(2) Comments • (0) TrackbacksPermalink

Poor old Dubya.

If GW is an asshole, and dumb… Does that make him a dumbasshole?

image