Thursday, November 09, 2006

Several Questions for Black Republicans

In the interest of full disclosure, on both sides of my family we have had our fair share of Republicans.  In fact several now deceased family members where leaders in Black Republicanism.  I am now asking the following questions not out of disrespect but because I truly want to understand how Black Republicans justify their allegiance to a party that has repeatedly used dirty tactics in order to suppress the votes of Blacks (see VA Senate race) and other minorities?  Were you proud of this administration and it’s handling of the poor, elderly and disabled who were left behind during Hurricane Katrina?  Do you continue to support a war that is going hopelessly wrong and is responsible for the deaths of nearly 3000 US troops and over 650,000 Iraqis?  Do you think the ever changing goals in Iraq are more important than standing by and watching the people of Darfur either enslaved or killed in an apparent ethnic cleansing?

I could kinda understand embracing Republicanism after Nixon through Bush Daddy (personally I despised Reagan), but when the neo-cons took over the party didn’t you start to question whether or not it was a good idea to get into bed with those thugs?  Based upon my own world view (Evangelical), I hold many common beliefs with the “stated” platform of the party but since many of the party leaders are dishonest, immoral, disingenious and hypocritical I have never been able to feel comfortable taking up their flag.  Can anyone please explain why you have chosen that particular team?

Posted by Nuttshell on 11/09 at 11:23 AM in Blogging
Comments (5) • Permalink

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

RUMSFELD OUT!

‘The end of a six-year nightmare for the world,’ EU parliamentarians say.  Hear hear!

Posted by Nuttshell on 11/08 at 01:50 PM in Blogging
Comments (1) • Permalink

Hacking Democracy

If you don’t have HBO, then this is a public service message you should heed.

Posted by SPN on 11/08 at 10:07 AM in Politics
Comments (0) • Permalink

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I did the best I could to effect change in my own small way.  I volunteered for the campaign and spent 2 days including today canvassing voters.  I also sent some money to my candidate of choice.  If my candidate loses, at least I can complain righteously.

Posted by Nuttshell on 11/07 at 02:59 PM in Blogging
Comments (6) • Permalink

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Q’ewar project.

During the late spring of 2004 I took my second vacation to Peru.  During that time we stopped in a little village in the Andes called, Andahuaylillas.  There, I met a man named Julio Herrera who started a social initiative project called Q’ewar.  This project is dedicated to raising the social and economic standing of the local women through projects that involve the local economy.  This is a video that will allow you to see some of the principal players in the project.  Although the video is in German, you will see the area and some of the crafts that the women create.  I hope you enjoy it.  The video can also be viewed on Google Video as well as the Q’ewar website.

Posted by SPN on 11/03 at 10:02 AM in International
Comments (0) • Permalink

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New Camera

image

Purchased a new Fuji-FINEPix S9000

Posted by bbeard on 11/01 at 08:29 AM in Photography
Comments (2) • Permalink

bbeards web site up an going!

visit http://www.brimstonestudio.com to checkout some of my art, bio, and poetry

Posted by bbeard on 11/01 at 08:24 AM in Blogging