Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rappin’ Ronye’ my new first cousin once removed.

image

Rappin’ Ronye’

Posted by SPN on 06/14 at 06:00 PM in Blogging
Comments (0) • Permalink

Riddle

The CIO posed this question to the managers today in the staff meeting - what world event will happen on the 8th day after the full moon in August one hour after sunset/sundown?

I would love to know the answer if you have it.

Posted by Nuttshell on 06/14 at 01:41 PM in Blogging
Comments (3) • Permalink

Rufisque, Senegal in 2006

Here is a shot of my friend, Mamadou on the street in the market section of Rufisque.  This was on one of my last days in Senegal.  I shopped for books, bags, souvenirs and decent photos.  I failed to capture the scene without a squint.  The skies were nearly cloud free over the whole trip.  There were hardly any days where strong sun didn’t help and hinder my photographic efforts.

Rufisque Senegal

Posted by SPN on 06/14 at 08:36 AM in PhotographySenegal
Comments (0) • Permalink

Monday, June 12, 2006

Me in Madrid, Spain

Here’s a self portrait taken at the Madrid airport about 30 minutes before boarded my flight back to JFK

Posted by SPN on 06/12 at 04:12 PM in Travel
Comments (0) • Permalink

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rufisque, Senegal 2006

We went to the Socosim cement factory to offer a sacrifice for the continued safe operation of the factory.  Socosim is probably the largest employer inthis area of Senegal.

In this photo is one of the large trucks that delivered raw cement dust to the different areas of the factory.  You can see in the background that our party is walking through piles of the dust.  There were places where the dust was three feet high.  The dust was so ubiquitous that I didn’t take that many photos in this area. I was scared that the dust would get into the camera and cause problems.  To this day, I hear a grinding noise when I focus my 45mm lens.

As hot as the weather might seem in the picture , the temperature over the whole two week trip didn’t exceed 80 degrees F.  Most nights were cool enough for my skin to goosepimple.

Rufisque Senegal

Posted by SPN on 06/10 at 01:56 PM in PhotographySenegal
Comments (0) • Permalink

Friday, June 09, 2006

The World Cup of Soccer starts today.

So I thought that I would share a video that I found about why Football is fun to watch.

Posted by SPN on 06/09 at 12:03 PM in Sports
Comments (2) • Permalink

Get free calls to 411 Information.

Something I got in email yesterday.  I’ve checked and it seems true.  (I didn’t call the number yet though.  I’m not too lazy to use the phone books that I pay for.)

No Charge for Directory Assistance

Phone companies are charging $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don’t have to.  When you need to use the 411 / information option simply dial 1-800-FREE-411 or 1-800-373-3411 without incurring a charge.  This is information people don’t mind receiving - Pass it on.  Works on home phones and cell phones, not on business phones.

Here’s their website http://www.free411.com/

Posted by SPN on 06/09 at 09:29 AM in Personal
Comments (0) • Permalink

Thursday, June 08, 2006

RIP Billy Preston

I actually met Billy Preston when I was a young boy in Detroit.

By Richard Harrington
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, June 8, 2006; Page C05

Billy Preston was one of the music business’s true MVPs, someone who had his own substantial hits but whose real gift was making other stars sound better. After all, there’s no musician who can claim to have been coveted by both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in their prime, or to have been touted as Ray Charles’s successor by Charles himself.

Go to Preston’s entry in All Music Guide, click on “credits” and prepare to be amazed. He was Everysideman, part Zelig, part Forrest Gump, but never anywhere accidentally or incidentally. Preston was always invited to be in the right place at the right time.

MORE...
Posted by SPN on 06/08 at 01:22 PM in Celebrity
Comments (0) • Permalink

Rufisque, Senegal 2006

I’ll start posting my photos from my trip to Sene’gal, West Africa now.  I initially wanted to post only 16 photos.  these would represent one photo from each of the rolls of film I shot in Senegal.  I’ve had to recalculate the number of photos, because I forgot to include the 500 or so shots I took with the digital camera.  I’ll post many more photos from the film camera because the digital photos lack the exposure latitude that film has.  Many of the digital photos of my friend’s faces are underexposed.  The film showed a much broader range.  Perhaps if I had taken a strobe I could have gotten some better shots, but I didn’t want to lug too much electronic stuff with me.

This is my friend’s sister-in-law.  This is the woman that took care of me everyday.  She made sure that I ate, that my clothes were cleaned and that the room was properly fumigated.  (The mosquitos were pretty bad for a few days.)

Rufisque Senegal

Posted by SPN on 06/08 at 09:18 AM in PhotographySenegal
Comments (0) • Permalink

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

1st The Chick on the Roller Coaster, Now This!

Why are hairy legs on a woman a turn on?

Minding my own biz when this woman walks into the mailroom. High heels, slim bodied, killer weave, form fitting, low cut, high split dress. A looker for sure. Legs are hairy but I’m not repulsed. What the hell is wrong with me? And why am I in a quandry over this in the 1st place? Am I a victim of the white beauty standard? Or maybe I’’m some kinda horny, neanderthal, fetish dude.

Why don’t some women shave their stems? I’ve noticed this particular lady before and I’ve never seen them hairless. But it’s ok (I guess). This isn’t the 1st time I’ve fallen for a tarantulla woman. But I like ‘em smoothe and hairless too. (Still talking about legs). Does this make me some kinda Bi-something? I’m so confused.

Posted by cricket on 06/07 at 12:50 PM in BloggingPersonalWeirdness